Manager/Coach Code of Conduct
Updated Sunday December 6, 2015 by Chesapeake City Little League.
The goal of volunteers at CCLL is to provide positive support, care and encouragement for all children participating in youth sports. By volunteering to Manage/Coach a CCLL team, you agree to follow this Code of Conduct.
- Place the emotional and physical well-being of all players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- Treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- Provide a safe playing situation for all players.
- Review basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of players. At least one Manager/Coach per team must hold a valid First-Aid/CPR certification for insurance regulations.
- Provide practices that are fun and challenging and engage all players on the team.
- Lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and spectators, and by demonstrating positive support for all players. Require the same from all players.
- Be knowledgeable in the rules of Little League and all local league rules. Teach these rules to players. Violations of the Little League or local rules should be brought to the attention of the CCLL Board of Directors.
- It is the Manager’s obligation to secure umpires for home games (all divisions except Coach Pitch and Tee-Ball).
- Follow the CCLL procedures for field preparation and maintenance.
- Provide information from CCLL to parents and players (or designate a Team Parent to do so).
- Find a volunteer for home game concession shifts (or designate a Team Parent to do so) or the game may be stopped until one is found.
- Manage team efforts toward league-sponsored fundraisers (or designate a Team Parent to do so).
- Return the provided equipment to equipment room or concessions immediately following team’s final game.
Failure to comply with these or any other Little League volunteer standards can result in, but is not limited to, a one (1) game suspension, or complete removal of volunteer eligibility.
Little League Pledge
I trust in God.
I love my country and will respect its laws. I will play fair and strive to win.
But win or lose I will always do my best.